Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Life-Changing Find


My friends and I love to play games. We have already spent countless hours this semester playing games like Sorry, Monopoly, Balderdash, Clue, Rummy, Uno, Jenga, Mindtrap, and Guesstures.

 
Ever since I came to college, I’d always stroll to the board game aisle while I was shopping. Every time, I would always walk away empty-handed after noticing that the games were at least $20. 

I was at Goodwill a few weekends ago and saw something that I had never noticed before. They sell games! Balderdash for $2. Clue for $2. Sorry for $1. Operation for $1. Mindtrap for $1. This was an incredible find!


But there’s more. One Saturday each month, Goodwill has a “50% off Saturday”. Every item in the store is half off . . . hence the name.

Hard to believe, but it gets even better! Students who show their Student ID Card at Goodwill automatically get 10% off any purchase – any day.

That means, if you go on the “50% off Saturdays” and use your Student ID Card, you’ll get 60% off your purchase. 60% off of $1 is 40 cents. 60% off of $2 is 80 cents. 60% off of $3 (the really nice games) would be $1.20. That means you’re paying 40 cents to $1.20 for board games that usually would cost you over $20.

Sounds like money saving and fun all at the same time.  

1 comment:

  1. You and my daughter would get along well . . . she's a fan of Goodwill! Interesting post . . . but don't you think most students know about Goodwill and bargains that might be available?

    ReplyDelete