Friday, November 4, 2011

How to save money: Marion movie theater vs. Muncie movie theater


One of the first things I noticed when I came to Taylor was that in order to go to a “town”, students had two main options: Marion and Muncie. The more time I have spent at Taylor, the more I have been able to distinguish differences between the two places.

My friends and I love to go see movies. Whenever we decide to go to a movie theater, we choose between Marion and Muncie. We usually look up movie times and see which theater is playing the selected movie at the more convenient time, and that is the basis for our decision.

Last time I went to the Marion theater, though, I learned something that will affect the rest of my movie theater decisions.

The AMC Theater in Marion has ticket pricing deals that are wayyy cheaper than in Muncie. Their matinees are $4 on Monday-Thursday before 6 pm. After 6pm, tickets are $6.  On weekends, movies are $8.

In Muncie, tickets are $10, and then more on the weekends, and even more if it is a 3-D movie.

So, if you go see movies on weekdays in Marion, you can save over $4 a ticket.

There are also several more pricing deals that the AMC Marion theater offers, which can be seen at http://www.amctheatres.com/Marion/

1 comment:

  1. That's good to know. We always go to the Muncie theater.

    ReplyDelete